If you want to have thick, long hair and want to look trendy at the same time, wearing Brazilian hair extensions is a fantastic option. While these extensions look awesome, you also need to care for them in order to maintain their beauty for longer. Here are a few useful tips.
1. Install Them Right
An important way to care for your weft extensions is to install them perfectly. Observe these points or tell your stylist to observe them to ensure your weft extensions don’t shed after installation.
- Don’t Pierce with a Needle: While installing a sew-in weave, loop and tie the weave thread under and over the weft using a blanket stitch technique rather than piercing the wefts with needles.
- Don’t Split the Wefts.
- Don’t Cut the Wefts: If you need to cut the wefts, seal their ends with weft glue, but as far as possible, avoid cutting them.
2. Post Installation
Once the hair is cut from the donor’s head, it stops gaining the much-required nutrients that keep it soft and glowing. Therefore, it’s very important to maintain and treat your hair extensions like Mayvenn’s Brazilian hair with the right maintenance products that can restore their natural softness and glow. Use mild shampoos and conditioners and silicon-free and sulfate-free hair care products.
If you don’t observe the above care, you will potentially damage your hair extensions. Even using the wrong products will cause dull, dry, damaged, tangled and unmanageable hair extensions.
Recommended treatments are:
- Hair repair and treatment (to prevent split ends)
- Night oil treatment (to prevent dull appearance and frizz)
- Mousse (to make hair look healthy and shiny)
Detangling is very important before you shampoo your hair. Make sure that your hair has no snares or tangles. Use a detangling brush or wide-tooted comb and comb your extensions gently. Always comb from bottom up, dividing them into small sections.
Shampooing once a week is fine; but in case of increased perspiration or dusty environment, they will have to be washed with a shampoo more often. Brazilian hair has a curly texture which needs frequent shampooing. Use a moisturizing shampoo and wash hair in a downward motion. Your conditioner too should be a moisturizing one and use it in the same way.
If you maintain your precious extensions this way, they will look gorgeous always making you proud of your beauty.